Monday, December 19, 2005

mixed fortunes.

I am listening to a track called Sadeness (by Enigma). It falls under a category of music called World Music / New Era. It has tribal chants (called gregorian chants), haunting, melancholic flutes and is in French and some latin. It is one of the best songs recorded. Why the name "Sadeness"? It is inspired by a 17th Century French sadist called Marques de Sade. The list of atrocities committed by this guy is long and the nature of his acts shocking. In fact, "sadism" is a direct reference to de Sade. So much for history.

Why, you might ask am I giving information that seems so unconnected? Well, first, I am penniless. On Friday, the ATM blacked out and disappeared with my card. I am just being thrown about by these bank guys.

I sneaked to work today and I have been waiting for rain to start pounding my head. Nothing has come yet. In fact, the manager involved wrote a one-liner that instructed me to reformat the script and remove the errors in the data. No threats, no reprimanding and sure as hell no praise.

A wave of benevolence has swept over. The HoD has just announced will shall be working half-day from now on till new year. That, is just too good.

It is now Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl.
She's just a cosmic girl, from another galaxy .......
transmitting on my frequency, my heart is at zero gravity ............

1 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Half-day till year end? That's a bright guy. Here, we are just pretending to work for most of the 8 hours we are here. Not very productive if you ask me.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home