Friday, December 02, 2005

Toads desiring princes (and princesses)

I am in a melancholic mood. Maybe because its Friday at last. As such, I am going to dispense advice, for free, and since this is in the public domain, I shall address to all citizens of the globe, male or female.

Lets use cases for clarity. I will use the male gender, because I am a man and I make observations, judgments and conclusions as a man.

Lets "prune" good (by "good" I mean desirable to women) male attributes to:
1. Rich 2. Good Looking 3. Intelligent 4. Character (R,G,I,C). Lets reduce this set to "single" men.

Now there is an extremely small percentage (like 0.2%) of the male population who are endowed with the "superset" of all four. The entire population of single women go after this small lot. With obvious disastrous results. The richly blessed men have their pick of women. With their talents, they can even go after women who have qualities similar to theirs (other men will salivate from a distance).

The competition is at nuclear-reactor temperatures at the very top, so shift down a bit. Compromise is the way to go. The women who don't look like Tyra Bank's twin sibling move down to the "good set". The good set has a combination of any of the attributes but not all. Humorous man, with cash. Sharp dude, good looking too.

Wow! These guys too aren't that plenty. The people drifting down from rejection in the upper echelons are now more determined than ever to hook up. Compe is hot here as well. Non fitters are pushed out!

Down to guys who have one attribute in the set. "Atomic" guys. Just one rung up from the colorless mass down there. This is the almost "normal" region in the distribution curve. A substantial amount of pairing is done here. But lofty ambitions still remain. The couples at this level are holding each other while looking elsewhere in some sort of fatal romance dance. A chic (or dude) will cheat on the fiance in an instant if a member of the superior sets offers the least bit of temptation. There is a lot of malaise here. A good number of relationships are for convenience.

Due to the warps and incompatibilities of the relationship class I have just talked about, many people will now drift to the rock bottom. This is where the men have nothing to offer in terms of the attibutes I have mentioned. Many men are in this level. So are the women.

So when I hear a woman say on radio or in the paper say something like "my ideal man should be financially stable, intelligent, funny, good looking, gentle and caring, .........ad infinitum" I can't help wondering: Do you have all those traits honey? And the truth is invariably the same. No.

You learn, from experience and John Nash's "theory of convergence (not what its called)". The soul and thrust of the theory (in my understanding, and from the movie) is: During the rush by the majority to acquire the one good thing, there are other many average things left for which there is little competition; and the acquisition of many of those will grant close, if not the same utility as the one good thing (if you can get it in the first place).
Of course, my whole theory above does not run strictly to form, but it is true to some extent.
Knowing that I have very little to offer women (this you know when she does not answer your calls, or has no psyche at all during dates), I don't bother with the cute ones. Those I leave for guys who drive limousines. I content myself with people who get broke like me, who will eat chips without throwing a tantrum, who have no illusions (or at least keep their illusions to themselves).


Hmmmmmmppp Ha!

3 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Absolutely accurate. True wisdom. More women should read this.

Friday, December 02, 2005 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

I could not agree with you more. In the past I have tried to explain this reality to a few women. I really feel sorry for those chiks who still refuse admit to themselves that there are very few 'good' men.

In my view if you don't already have one of those good men, give up and decide to:
1. go for a younger man
2. share a good man with one of the early birds
3. choose to stay celibate
4. come up with more realistic expectations of the kind of man you should have.

For those few women who have a good man. I say to you generosity is virtue. Share him with you less fortunate sistas. You dont have a choice anyway, the good man will hook up with other chiks for no reason other than he can.

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Athena said...

I am a woman and I totally agree.
Women nowadays are looking for the wrong things without thinking what they are bringing to the table...

However, if the picture you paint is true, and I think it is, I pity the "good" men for they are always surrounded by women who will bring them so much pain..superficial sterotypical women.. (ok most of them)
So think of the "good" men as doing you a favour, filtering out out the bad, the good and the ugly as they say, leaving you with the not so bad (I hope)

In addition, the situation you stated works both ways... i.e the "good" looking women get the "elligible" guys and all the good jobs (yes studies show looks have everything to do with whether you will get a job or promotion) and leave the rest of women to fend for themselves..
Good men and women are hard to find..

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home