Thursday, December 01, 2005

PIck Up: Posted by [ajamaa]

0.5 feels this needs a premium spot on the blog. Kamikaze, please do the honours.




I have not been added to the blog so I will continue to add comments as opposed to write my on thing for the time being.

I have been dying to tell this story all week but I have been out of office since Monday. I should have told the story on Monday when it was still clear in my mind but I guess the memories that remain after a few days capture the essence of a few events.

I had my last class on Friday last week. I had gotten tired and bored of my students after a long 5 months. There weren't any fly chiks in the class anyway so there was nothing to make me yearn to go to class. Besides, I am tired and I need to do something else with my Friday evening other than getting to class 30 minutes late to meet only a quarter of the students waiting for me.

Forgive me I digress. So I walk out of class around 7.20p.m. feeling as free as road runner, looking at my phone I notice I have an unread SMS. The SMS was from one of my fellow teachers who greatly desired to buy some meat. Its amazing the kind of things a guy will do get company to drink. I hook up with the guy we go up to Upper hill springs. Since I was not banana and I do not like mugithi we left as soon as we finised the goat ribs.

As I was dropping my buddy at his diggz in Langata we decided to make a little detour to Psys (I dont know why I always go there, its alway full and the music is too loud.). Luckily we get a table order pynts and start talking about the chiks we hanged out the previous weekend. Two tables away from where we are seated, were two chiks, nothing to write home about, they weren't hot, didn't have gorgeous bodies and were not drinking black ice. However, one of them could really dance to soul. Nobody could keep their eyes off her she was a really good dancer.

Thirty minutes later, I am really sleepy and trying to figure out how I can use 2K, to pynt on Sato, get fuel for a week, buy credit and buy lunch for five days. I am rowsed from my deep thoughts by a chik standing next to me and saying Hi. I turn look at her, and it is the dancer, my first thought is she must have been a former student I cant remember.

"Do u watch the Practice?", she asks. I conclude she cant have been a former student. "I dont watch much TV", I answer. "My friend and I think you look like Eugene". Blank, my mind goes totally blank, I do not even want to imagine the look I must have given her. "Are you saying I am fat?", I ask. "No. I have a buddy who if she was here would eat u alive". Blank again, completely blank. We talk for a while, about what I cant remember. She goes back to her table.

I tell my buddy what has just happened. His advice is I should go after the chik. I tell him I have enuff woman trouble as it is and I will not increase my problems.

She comes back after 10 minutes and says she is going home but she would like my number before she leaves. She then proceeds to put her phone in my hand. This is crazy I think, but what am I to do she is there waiting, I type in my number. We continue talking, she is a lawyer studying accounting, leaves in Nakuru, has on sister and two brothers, is singl ... & a lot more stuff.

She goes back to her friend. I call a waiter and order the two of them drinks. She blows me a kiss when she gets her drink. She walks back to me, I pull a seat for her. We talk for like an hour. She confesses that the buddy who would have eaten me alive if she were there is actually her.

We take a walk, we get into the back seat of my car. An hour later I cant continue ignoring calls from my buddy. We go back to the pub. Her buddy is mad, my buddy has a weird looking grin on his face.

I promise to call her the next day. She leaves.

I call the following morning. We agree to meet in the evening at 7.00. I spend like 5 hours talking to her, about what I dont know. She calls me the next day she wants to hook up. I am back to my senses I tell her I cannot see her.

We have been texting each other every damn day since then. I was picked up fair and square.

5 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

I was going to add a comment on the previous post, but alas! 0.5 did an honourable thing by reposting The Pick Up as a full post on its own. My thoughts:

Hawa wanawake watatumaliza. I've said that on numerous occasions and this blog bears me witness.

I've been a bit of a recluse in recent weeks. I think work has a little to do with it. Anyway, these encounters with the predators of the fairer sex. By the way, psys and choices are official picking up spots so don't be surprised by anything that may happen here. I think they are calling it sexual liberation. It often leaves me in awe, and terribly afraid for myself. However, it gives one something to blog about, other than constantly whining about work.

I'll see if I can get picked up kesho.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

Yeah!
I have not been picked up yet. At least not in ajamaa's style. But I have seen things....
So, where might you guys be planning to hang out tomorrow?

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I'm thinking of having a 'homa' kesho [aJamaa can expound on that]. Anyhow, I don't like exertions on Friday so I'll likely go home early, perhaps pass by psys later in the night.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Original? I think bold is more like it. If you tried such a stunt, a la "you look like Halle Berry", the chic you try it on won't consider it as original. She'll probably tell you to come up with a more original line.

I agree though that she's a heroine. Pun intended.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

I think the chic is both bold and original. Chics rarely pick up guys, (and when they do, they use that hinting-clairvoyant shit and expect you will understand) so anything they use in a direct-approach fashion must be original (we can't use the same standard for both men and women).

Secondly, if you go up to a woman and tell her that she looks like Halle Berry, she will look at you, run a few scripts that might tag you either as a joker (consequently you will be told off), or someone who ,albeit joking, can be taken to be capable of mature, sensible conversation as well as a prospective. (she glows inside). Reaction will be based on first impression.
Vanity in humanity cannot be underestimated.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home