Thursday, November 10, 2005

Scared?

I scare easily, but Bird flu is not one of the things to scare me. Are you scared of bird flu? I did not think so. So, why this widespread, world-wide panic? Some 100 odd people catch the disease in Asia (remember how big Asia is. China and India alone have 2 billion people) and blitzkrieg! Its like a reincarnation of Hitler armed with 1000 atom bombs is about to invade mother earth.
What crap!

And the death casualties (in fact are there any?) have not even hit double digits. Jesus! The white man, with his opulence and contempt for the rest of humanity must find himself some amusement by worrying intensely over nothing.
Now people in far away Kenya, are all about Bird flu (those who are not discussing the other stupid business in town: referendum).

Did you know, that Donald Rumsfeld has earned 1 million US dollars (known, x million unknown) since the outbreak? How did he manage to do that? Apparently, a company called Gilead Research, in which he has a huge stock holding, makes a drug that is supposed to counter the effects of Bird flu.

Yes. We get suckered everyday. May be this bird flu is a dangerous disease. I don't think it is. It certainly does not deserve this storm it is causing. I am also confident that it will stay with the white man (I sympathise with poor Asians caught up in this mess), just like its sister bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow disease). We have our own plagues. Lets worry about those.

2 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

Knock knock

I am new as you all can tell. I am ashamed to say that this is my first time hear. Actually my first time to blog anywhere. So are blogs bulletin boards by another name? If not what makes them different? Before I registered, I spent time reading through what guyz have been posting and I have to say I am impressed, very impressed. I hope I will be able to match the high standards that have been set here.

Today is the first time I am in the office and have completely refused to work. My employer has a way of ensuring that he gets the most out of his employees but today he will pay me for doing nothing. To make things even better I am going to be on leave between kesho and Thursday next week. I have to go and study for some exams.

You see the thing is:
1. I am bordering at being a drunk; and
2. I am single.

So a few months ago I decided to start some professional exams so that I would have something to do on Saturdays and Sundays before I go to the pub. In addition, my boss had indicated that she would be willing to pay for me to sit the exams and that I would qualify for study leave. This served to make the deal sweeter.

That was then now I am stuck with exams that I have not read for. That will be extremely boring to read for and will not add anything to my life. In the process I will also waste five leave days since my boss decided not to give me study leave. Any way such is the life of the employee; the employer is out to fuck you and kick you out when he is done with you.

Looking at contributions that have been made I am convinced that only jamaas have been contributing, I hope it stays that way.

Enjoy.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Blogs are the new "in thing". Well, relatively new. There was the iPod, and now blogs, moblogs and web 2.0.

If there's something you don't know, ask Wikipedia.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home