Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Insomnia and the need to work

I just came back to work this week after a week off. It's been wonderful so far. I didn't find my tray full of stuff to be done or the 'everyone wanting you to do something' kind of scenario. So it's been relaxed, as it should. I have also resolved to stick to an 8 hour work day. I have an Outlook reminder to help me out with this when 'home time' reaches. I've been up-beat, cheerful and relaxed. Just wonderful.

However, the strangest thing has been happening. I typically sleep at about 2300. This week, I've been waking up at like 0200, out of sleep, feeling refreshed and restless. Apparently, one needs to work hard to get a good night's sleep. Not that I've been slacking off. I've resumed going to the football pitch to run around [or 'kufungua kifua' as Kamikaze would put it] and hopefully, that will get the body tired enough to sleep through the night.

Another thing. The sun was up and bright by 0600 today morning. Weird. Thank God even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home