Thursday, November 10, 2005

How NOT to end an sms

There's some smsiquette that is driving me up the wall. You start a conversation with someone. They reply asking you how you are, what you're up to, blah, blah, blah. Then, to end the sms, they say something like "goodnight/goodday" or "take care". Even worse, I've had someone use both, yaani "good day and take care". You might as well add "Have a nice life"! [invariably this happens only with chics]. How do you reply to an sms like that? Are you supposed to? That, to me, is indicative of someone wanting to end a conversation and not looking forward to having another one with you. And I consider myself a reasonable guy, who has a white bucket at home [aJamaa can expound on that]. The only time I can remeber ending an sms with "take care" is my last email to the red bima chic [who was by then no longer taking my calls or responding to my texts]. I accepted her decision not to have anything to do with me, or encourage me in any way and that was my way of showing that I'd finally gotten to grips with her choice and was moving on.

And another thing. Why do people [mostly chics once again] have the urge to tell you "thanks for calling" after you've called her and the conversation is ending. It's like thanking a pal of yours you meet in the street for talking to you - a la "thank you for talking to me". I just don't get it, and it kind of irritates me. If I ever ask you for the number of a chic with these traits, please spare me the misery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home