Friday, September 23, 2005

Ranting and Raving

Allow me.

There is a woman I usually help make reports, a bit of SQL here, some VBA there. I did such a thing yesterday, she had suffered a lot because, you see, I had been on leave. As a token of appreciation, she drags me to lunch. I usually don't like having lunch with ladies. Why? Something always happens. So, I am taken to this place in Bandari plaza that looks like Nandos. So we grab the food, and sit.
I run out of talk and decide to have my first bite. Very nice. I continue. All this time, she is looking at me.
The half full plate was still on the tray.
"Aren't you going to put the tray away?". I felt like kicking myself. Kamikaze would probably have said.
"Put the tray away you idiot." Then probably ask an invisible God: "Whats wrong with this guy?".
For my part, I would probably shrug off with "ah fuck off" and forget about it. It is no big deal really, I have faired worse.

The year is 2000. I am in some woman's room. To say I liked her is to monumentally mis-represent things. I fancied her. I was in perfect health, then. Then right out of the blue some mucus (forgive me) starts streaking down my nostrils.
#@$%#%!
I start grabbing my pockets for a handkerchief that could not possibly be there. My subconscious mind knows there is no handkerchief (I did not have a cold). I am struck by sheer horror. Something akin to going for treatment of a small injury wound only to wake up and find both your legs have been amputated.
Quickly now, I have to save face. I try some long intakes of air, stalling for time. This time she was playing with my shirt or something. I cannot recall, there were a billion things on my mind.
I am trying to walk out, talk and breathe at the same time. Shit hits fan and the fish lands on the surface. I ran out.
I could NEVER look her in the eye again.

Lets forget about me and my mishaps with women.

It is being said that another hurricane, Rita, (why these names Katrina, Rita?) is going hit the US Gulf Coast. This one will be worse, or just as bad. Guys have already clogged the highways trying to run.
Normally, one would sympathise with such people. Strangely, I don't. While humanity is generally a miserable lot, Americans are an especially vile lot. They have to trample on every one. They mess the environment like 1000 times more than everyone else. Then their president arrogantly refuses to ratify the Kyoto protocol. The loot from their industry? This they use to bash everyone into submission. Small time diplomats come here and address the president like he is a fucking schoolboy.
That people should not visit Kenya because there is a terrorist threat. So why was the same advisory not issued against Spain and more recently Britain?
So only America is now standing.
Katrina checks in and flattens New Orleans. But I find it hard to sympathise with America. They have visited upon themselves a disaster of a huge magnitude. Or to put it more precisely, they have visited upon the Blacks of New Orleans a huge tragedy.

Then that oaf, Bush, stands in front of cameras, his cheeks puffed up, stomach protruding probably from a sumptuous meal. He tries to conjure up a face and aura of sadness, jerking off about how he was concerned about the plight of the victims.
I remembered I had bought the TV for 22000 and restrained myself from throwing the mug I was holding at it.

I am feeling less angry now. I will have to stop watching CNN in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home