Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Action != Reaction

Isaac Newton must have been crazy, or stoned when he coined this one.

Kamikaze WILL remember an unfortunate Friday (some weeks back) at Tropez. On this day, I inadvertently let it slip that I know a certain tall thin lady who was prancing about the bar doing mostly nothing.
Then Kamikaze did that sudden approach thing which I am not quite capable of, (fear) using an opening line that is best quickly forgotten. Worse, he dragged me into the melee. I made a total fool of myself, mumbling incoherently. Back to my Newton's law. That was action 1.

The Reaction.
Recently (yesterday), I stumbled upon Eva Braun in one of those joints for lunch. She was perched royally on the front seat of someone's (a man) RAV 4. She gave me a look like I had been dredged out of a pit latrine, in a manner to say: "I am way out of your league".

Worse, happens that she knows another colleague (who is prettier) and has a more civil attitude. Eons ago, this chic used to talk to me. Now she gives me those cool gazes, and purses her lips tightly in acknowledgement. A great leap.

A small aberration by 2 drunk men, no 1 drunk man (not me), and look where that got me.