Thursday, July 21, 2005

I've still got it

No. Its nothing to do with the females. I am saying, I've still got Speed. Okay, you would too if you were about 10 metres away from a stampeding mob, about to flatten you. All it takes is one fool to start running. Then all hell breaks loose.

The scene, Tom Mboya avenue, near Baroda bank. Time, going to 5 in the evening. Everyone is in a rush to get out of the city, there is beef. This Kamikaze is on his way to a class, wants to grab a number 14 and head to strathmore. Taking circuitous route, got to get to class, got to get to class.

Turn the corner and come to a halt. Everyone seems to be craning their necks, looking at what? I didnt want to know. Cars are turning round and going the other way, so I do the same, cause I figure that today, can't get to class, can't get to class. Walk about 10 metres back, then the shit hits the fan. Turn round and there is like a thousand guys coming in my direction. This is no rugby pitch, and besides, I can't tackle all these guys, so I take flight.

I've still got it. In no time at all, I was at my regular hang-out, cool as a cucumber, on my first of many cold drinks. I've still got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home