Wednesday, July 13, 2005

deadlines, how about switching .....

I have been thinking. These group of people who call themselves System Admins, or Network Admins, they do not have deadlines. All they do is sit, and download the occassional Cisco manual. I am not saying that the job is easy, no, all I am saying, there are usually no deadlines in this area.
TheTCP/IP stack, has remained pretty much the same. Networking does not go through revolutions as much as programming.

There is now SQL Server 2005. It comes loaded with a whole lot of stuff that I am happy at present not to know. But I am kidding myself. An upgrade is in the pipeline, and I will be required to know the stuff. Worse, someone might force me to class to learn it.
.NET 2005 Beta is out before I got to master the 2000 one.

I might just do an MCSE or Cisco and see where that leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home