Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I am grinning

The morning was a bit sunny, the afternoon looks a bit gloomy. That will not dampen my spirits. My martial skills will not be called for (they were nothing to write home about in the first place .....), because, my friend saw the wisdom in handing back my few hundred shillings.

A man must be happy to be pulled back from the precipice, even if it is by only an inch.

I will truly be smiling perhaps next Monday, when the tiny green screen screen displays figures that have more than two zeros. And that gentlemen, is the problem right there. During the twilight days of the month, all that is left is money of the metallic kind. All arithmetic is reduced to figures below 100 bob. Passing by Seasons, zeep, hornbill and other like places is traumatic. And then one day, Voila! That day is called end month. You revenge, for all the dry days, past and present.
I must hit the town running for the stage, lest this good feeling cheats me into a bar and I proceed to drink the meagre contents of my pocket. But wait a minute! I am off alchohol, or so the doctor tells me.

I have broken that one before. It will have to be the running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home