Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I wanna know your name

So we're at the pub. Guys are heading out actually. It's like 2am. Normally, these days, I'd be more than happy to be the first out the door. But as it is, I've been suffering from insomnia so I figure I might as well stick around for a bit. I'm by my lonesome on the table. Kamikaze, who's the only guy still around, is somewhere catching up with some long lost high school buddy or something.

Still, I sit. Two women take up the sits vacated by those who've gone home. Hmmmm. I sip my water. I'm terribly fatigued. What am I doing here exactly. No answer. Yet I continue to sit. DJ plays some music which people around me seem to be in to. Songs I've never heard. But if this is how people roll these days, who am I to scoff.

I get up and dance to a few tunes. More like move ever so gently from side to side. It's all I can muster right now. The two women across me look like they want to dance too. One does. The other contemplates. Ten minutes later. The contemplator gets up and moves to the space near where I'm still pretending to dance. It's the only space available. My spirits are raised. I've been eyeing her all the time she's been sitting there. She has some kind of quiet beauty. She knows she's attractive. Now she's showing off her moves. 1 foot away from me.

I generally don't foist myself on a chic who's dancing by herself. I let her be. If I move close to her and she doesn't turn around and run for the exit, then we can dance. She stays put. Baaas. Now we can get it on. I can't remember the last time I danced with someone. Seeing a chic enjoy herself. There's no better feeling. Lasted all of 5 mins. She went back to her seat. I went back to my water. It would be nice to know her name. Right now, it would also be futile. I'm a socially withdrawn herbivore. Yeah. How's that for a label.

1 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

Socially withdrawn herbivore! Thats an interesting phrase. Will require further discussion.

As for the chik's name. I will repeat myself. What would be the value of the name? After the name, you will want the phone number. Things will just go down hill from there. Wait for her to ask for the name or number and hope that she doesn't do it. Its still downhill from there.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home