Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cure, anyone?

I've often looked out for a post on the "dance of death". And seeing as one Kamikaze is an eminent expert on the subject, something from him. Or from 0.5. Haven't seen anything from him in a while.

So I'm a sufferer of the alluded to syndrome. Known this for a long time. From early on it became evident that sheer will power and avoidance manoeuvers would not be sufficient to overcome this problem. How is manoeuver an english word? Anyway. The only effective solution was, and remains purging of the phonebook. I've also fallen victim to the recently used sms recipients list and didn't figure out a way to clear that one. Tried removing the battery but the contacts persisted. Also been known to purge the the email inbox, sent items and addressbook. Succumbed to those ones a number of times.

So I've done my part. Purged everything I can think of. Inoculated. Then some time down the line, I get one of those umenyamaza correspondences. And the problems start. You could say nothing back [I'm yet to use this option]. You can go through the purge process after responding, but if you get a reply or a number of replies, this can be quite tiring. So before you know it, you're back to a place you were months or years before. Admittedly, most chics who've dismissed my stories make it a permanent thing. Some more ruthlessly than others. But, occasionally, you get one or two with whom you engage in that dreaded dance.

3 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

I feel you. The ones who come back only to take you down the same road are a real pain. I once told someone that I had 'nyamazad' because I deleted their number. It gave me great amusement to try explain why I did it and the fact that she felt hurt and confused that I did it. I still deleted her number a few months later though.

Monday, August 30, 2010 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Dede said...

yes, that dreaded dance. Some guys i knew kitambo always advocated for the hit & run thing or the more sophisticated hit while running.Coz i'm a soft guy i thought having a 'pending tray' was the better solution where a chick is never really off the take unless she withdraws herself. Unfortunately this opens up big time prospects of the death dance. sam take heart coz its a rather common situation, & u must be doing something right for them to keep coming back again & again.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Doubt it. I think, for those who resurface, it's just a case of boredom or insufficient attention from boyfriends and the like. Those who delete my number and forget are the ones who know what they are doing.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 8:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home