Friday, July 24, 2009

Could this finally be it?

So bananas went to the hospital yesterday. Morning hours, said she was in pain, abdominal and all. We talked over the phone and then later she says she has to be admitted and undergo some minor surgery. I guess most fellas would rush to be by her side and all. I'm broke. Got some airtime thanks to a friend of mine who knows himself. So I used the resources I had and kept in touch. Hustled a few bob with all the intentions of visiting her the next day. Today that is.
She calls bright and early, 8.00 am for us non-working folks is way bright and early. Asks if I shall be visiting and I say, sure, I'll be there. She hangs up. I try and catch up on my sleep. Just another hour I think. Two hours later a phone call. Bananas. Where you at? In the house. What are you still doing in the house? What time are you coming? I was still sleeping! Then keep sleeping she says.

Now that I've gotten out of seeing her in the hospital, I wonder if this is it. I'll finally get out of it completely. Last time I got away, as you all know, I ended up going back. It got cold. All her fault. I say, if she shut that door firmly, I'd never have gotten back in. So you think this time I've pissed her off proper she won't be opening that door? I hope so. Doubt it. Pray so.

Sunrise, sunset.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Did she say what was wrong. Perhaps it could have something to do with why she wasn't too pleased. At least that's what my [wannabe] doctor self was thinking as I started to read this.

Friday, July 24, 2009 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

You can be accused of being heartless. She has always visited you whenever you got admitted. The best thing is for you never to go back. Never Ever as in change number and stuff. If you do she will hold it over you for the rest of your time with her and you will find yourself giving lame excuses on why you did not go to see her.

Monday, July 27, 2009 8:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kamikaze said...

As it is, I never went back. This should be it.

Friday, July 31, 2009 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home