Thursday, September 18, 2008

Different strokes

So as I sat there waiting to go in for the first session of my double root canal, I couldn't help but hear all manner of commotion from one of the rooms. Sounds of a kid half-crying mixed with a dentist trying to cajole and soothe her. "Don't cry", he pleads. "Open wide, like a lion", he goes on. As I try to calm my own nerves down, I think how much patience that kind of thing must need, and how I possibly couldn't manage it. Not on any regular basis for sure. Then I think it's a good thing people are different. It's a good thing people like different things, otherwise if the whole world was like me... Well. It's a good thing people are different.

Half my face is still numb. Including half of my nose and one of my eyes. Those must have been some powerful injections the guy gave me. My mind is also in shock. 22K. Had to ask the receptionist to repeat the figure to me. Twice. Boy was I glad/relieved I had a credit card. And even more so that I'd taken it for a test drive.

5 Comments:

Blogger 0.5 said...

Credit Card? What happened to your medical cover? Anyway, pole about that root canal...I have had one those.
Luckily for me, the tooth was extracted by a young, booby lady doctor. It was bliss until some long, sharp caliper like thingies came out.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

The way our medical cover works, you pay first and claim later.

I'm going in for another session next week. If I had all my problem teeth extracted, I'd have very few left.

Friday, September 19, 2008 8:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn! that is some huge chunk of change. get well soon!

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Root canals must have changed. First one I had like 10 years ago took 3 sessions and was significantly more traumatic. But those 2 teeth must be well and truly dead now. The dentist must have asked for "moto" like 10 times. Smelling the burning was pretty freaky.

I have another date with him next week. Normal fillings this time on 2 other teeth. I must be their best customer. He did warn me about the injections and being numb in the whole face this time. I'll likely just sleep the rest of the day, seeing as I may not be able to talk or eat or anything.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

My dentist streams music from the web. Cool.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home