Friday, May 05, 2006

Analysis paralysis

I came across this phrase as I was reading some software development article. Must have been a blog entry. Everything is in blog form these days. The phrase depicts a common scenario where user requirements are gathered and a system designed to death almost. Great big specifications are done but actual code never gets written. Apparently there's a wikipedia entry for it.

Bottom line. At some point, you just have to get on with it. It's all well and good to read about life coping skils, cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness and transcendental meditation. You can lock yourself away contemplating the purpose of life. Concepts like fairness and justice. The reason for suffering. Only for so long.

I have to start living, as difficult as it is and as unprepared as I feel. Let go. Say little. Think even less. Put down the baggage. The circumspection. Introspection. Lay my deficiencies bare. Take the heat. Feel the heat. Do what I'm here to do. Lord, give me strength.

5 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

What do you mean your last day.

I'll be at a bar counter in the next 2 hours, sipping my sprite. Oh joy!

D. That was straight from the heart. Really. Now why would I want to tell 0.5 about it. Lakini compe ni compe, roho safi.

Friday, May 05, 2006 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Yeah the important thing is to take action and live life.. easy to say

Friday, May 05, 2006 4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Everything is talked to death and over analysed (spelling) discussed and evaluated - blah, blah!!! You are right, lets get on with it - more action less words.

BTW, did you enjoy Angelique? Wished I was there.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 2:18:00 AM  
Blogger Bee said...

D-Shy I can't believe you quit!! The way I'm lusting for an office job!

Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

KG - Don't say it. Just do it.

Wangu - The sentiments are much appreciated. I had to go back and read the post. I was just bearing my tortured soul.

D - What is a guy supposed to do on a Furahiday evening.

uaridi - Yeah. I'm sure even I have said this before. Oh well.

The concert wasn't exactly electrifying. Perhaps because I don't really dig her kind of music. Everyone was on stage with her for the Agolo song. Probably the only one most of us knew.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home