Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Me no kunumunu

Kunumunu: A man easily controlled by a woman.

The dynamics of boy-gal relationships are really intriguing. One angle that has always buffled me is what women expect of men. Specifically 'nice guys' because I aspired to be one of these.

I figured that if I happened to fancy someone, I'd tell them, show them, do whatever they asked, go whenever they gave the word. It's no wonder I've never been in a relationship. I'm too lazy to do all these things. I still can't say no to a woman [yet] and will call within the hour after getting a chic's number. Who cares about 3 day waiting periods. Wait. Is it 3 days or 3 hours. I don't know the rules.

Apparently though, this doensn't turn women on. This wimpy tendencies will not do. Women want a man who is confident and takes the lead. A man who will stand up to her rather than jump at her every insistence.

I have to re-orient myself. This calling people up every day has to stop. Next time she asks if we can do lunch, I'll be busy. If she happens to be in carni I won't jump out of my pyjamas to go join her. I will be cool, calm and collected.

6 Comments:

Blogger 0.5 said...

I agree. It is hard to stay away when she is a nice, likeable chic. I think we, men are unfortunate because it is only once in a blue moon that we meet women who we like and who like us back.
It is important to hold the lid down on the enthusiasm, as I have come to learn. Too much contact and you will be accused of "crowding" her.

The irony is to get her to like you, you must display a certain level of disconnect. The tricky part is just how much disconnect. Detach too much and she is gone. I think girls love the mystery man. Its an incomprehensible play that does not subscribe to any rules.

Of course there is the other thing: We are accused of being after only one thing: Sex. This dubious reputation hardly helps matters at all. The quicker you move, the more dangerous you are. You get dropped real fast. Calls are ignored, and if you meet (by chance that is), she wears a cold, distant demeanour.

In my opinion there are two things a guy can do:
1) Be natural - the world be damned. A smart woman in this day and age ought to tell between a windbag and a real man.
2) Play the game by the rules

Aftermath:
After maintaining your cool, and a rigorous vetting process, the man might just pass the test. You now become what I call a "prospective".

Ever been a prospective? It can either be a good thing or bad.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I think I've come close to being a prospective once. I did what came naturally. I ran!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are seriously learning fast but don't overdo it though.

There is a thin line between a nice and a kabad boy. Just don't be any

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Malaika said...

as a woman, if a man paid me as much attention...and i found his feelings and heart to be true...i'd date him in a second.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Malaika - too bad you are on the other side of the world, and long distance relationships just don't do it for me.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes needy dudes put off women.I call after 2-3 days and sometimes even later.You must show a chic that you have a life of your own and that you are a hot commodity.If a gal knows she can have you anytime she wants you are not a challenge at all and she will walk away to someone who is...

Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home