Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Its a mans world

Every so often I get this overwhelming urge to share my opinion or a random thought. Maybe this urge is driven by the fact that I am conceited or maybe its intrinsically human to want to express oneself. All I know is that in this blog provides me with a stage from which I can share my observations, feelings, opinions, random thoughts. Previously I was limited to sneaking in my random thoughts into one of those deep conversation I get into with my buddies after four or five pynts but now I have a blog.

I have had this discussion with a few of chiks I work with, mostly when I want to bully the single ones into thinking that they will not find a better man than myself and so they need to start chatting me up. The fact is that the older a woman gets and the higher her income the smaller the number of men she can date gets. I look at single chiks I went to school with and the ones I work with and feel sorry for them. Their chances of getting the kind of man they, or is it society, define they should is reducing at an increasing rate.

As a jamaa who is closer to 30 than 20, I can and have dated a receptionist, I can also date a tea girl, student, waitress, a chik who dropped out in Form 2. I can also date chiks who are plus or minus five years my age. Generally as long as a chik is hot enough any guy can date her, be it Chris Kirubi or my pitiful little self. And considering that all chiks are hot a jamaa can generally date any chik. And the older a guy gets and the more he earns the more options he has. A forty year old guy can hang out with a 20 something year old model, Donald Trump proves my case.

When it comes to women the opposite applies. Few women are brave enough to date younger men and those who do will restrict themselves to guys at most 2 years younger. Its common to find big cars parked outside chiks hostels but I have not heard of a woman going to 'see' a campus student. If a woman has a degree she is unlikely to date a guy without one, unless the guy is one of this Nairobi business men who are self made millionares. But she can never date a waiter, watchie, bouncer, mason or male nurse no matter how tall dark and handsome they may be. Of course there is an exception to every rule and Wambui Otieno is one such exception.

Finding a special person is hard, in the case of women it is so much harder. This makes it a mans world, since there are a bunch of many women hinting for the same few guys.


The last of the introverts
As Sam goes on an offial (because he indicated he is), 0.5 quietly sinks into oblivion, Kamikaze fades further and further away and Philosopha continues his vow of silence I am left the last introvert standing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Ajamaa just hold down the fort and the rest of the introverteds will be back soon. You still have a dedicated readership!! As for it being a man's world I guess so.. but the women control the men so in a roundabout way its a womans world too

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As KG said, hold the fort down.

The reason most women (with a degree)will not date a guy bila a degree is coz when domez go down, most men feel like the mama is talking down to him coz she is more educated than him.
Men do have such fragile egos and any upsetting by women (finacial, education) puts most men on the defence.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:35:00 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

take over the blog change passwords and RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

I am finding it hard to believe you that as a woman grows older it becomes harder to get men. It all depends with the kind of gal you are talking about

some girls turn from gawky to beautiful women and then the men can't keep away.

Also women always meet men older than them. At 28, a guy who is 35 will most likely chase after that gal.

Chics from your office are obviously out of way for many men coz of their pocket abilities.
When a chic drives from office to home then to office then to clients office what chances does she have of being hitched.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

@Shiko
Its interesting you bring up the fact that women over 28 will meet older men in their mid thirties. When talking to one of my buddies over the weekend on a totally unrelated subject he indicated that single women in their early to mid thirties are likely to hook up with married men. I am still thinking about this statement.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home