Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Round 2 awaits

After the anticlimax that was round 1, round 2 will be taking place tomorrow morning from 11am. I've just taken the 1/2 day of leave I had left seeing as the interview is mid-morning and may take up to 2 hours. Of course, after this, if I need to go for another interview, like I'll be doing on Thursday morning, I'll just go. Some people in the office have already told me that they've head I'm leaving, and when I start showing up at work sporadically, the suspicions will only get more. I'll send an email to everyone tomorrow.

Anyway, so I got the call about half an hour ago. Incidentally, Kamikaze had passed by the office and we were chatting in the lobby [visitors aren't allowed into our offices] when I got the call. I was almost giving up, but I figured that I'd have another chance at least. If I get through the technical interview tomorrow, apparently I'll have a last interview with HR. It's the first I've heard of HR doing interviews. Apparently it's to authenticate stuff you've been saying about yourself and haggle over pay. I'm still not wearing a tie to this one.