Saturday, January 28, 2006

What nonsense!

I came to the office this sato morning, to write some tutorials and stuff to CD, apply for a job or two, and blog. I just happened to peek at my outlook inbox, to see what stuff has been going on in the office while I was on my mini-holiday the past 3 days.

I've just seen an email from our office admin stating that I'm entitled to 3.5 leave days till the end of Feb [when I'll be leaving my current employer of course], and that since I've already taken 3 days, I only have 0.5 left. Can you believe these guys? What if I'd taken 10 days off before handing in my resignation letter? What would have happened then. Is there a law that says you can't take all your leave days at the beginning of the year? aJamaa, you're the closest guy to a lawyer I can think of. Is this how things are done?

I'm in shock right now. Utterly distressed. You should hear the sound the keyboard is making as I pound on the innocent keys. I was intending to take some leave days off so that I can pursue other jobs, going for interview and whatnot. Now I'll have to skive work to do this. That's not how I'd have liked to do things. I gave my notice really early in good faith. I took leave to go for an interview on Wednesday, so that I didn't have to skive work that morning. Now I get the feeling that I'm not being treated fairly. Being punished almost. As it is, I have to go for interviews, and if I skive as I'll have to, I'll probably end up being fired before February comes to a close.

There's a pal of mine who left this lovely compony of ours late last year, and he apparently suffered similar retribution when he told them he's leaving. Apparently, he gave them 5 days notice and they challenged that. Can leave days not count to your notice period?

I'll need to follow this up first thing Monday morning so if anyone has insight, I'd appreciate your comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

So a guy can't take 10 days leave in Jan?

Anyway. I was talking to aJamaa on sato night and he made me see that it wouldn't really make any difference. I'll just do what I have to do. Them firing me at this stage won't make too much difference.

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home