Saturday, January 28, 2006

Of love and the thrill of the chase

There's a chic who told me a really sad tale about love the other day. She also happened to point out that I don't have 'relationships' that last more than 2 weeks because I probably just love the thrill of the chase. Truth be told, the excitement on meeting someone new, or getting a new phone number wanes dramatically after the said 2 weeks or so. I don't know what it is, but it isn't restricted to matters relating to chics. Once I know how to do something, most of the initial excitement is lost. This is partly why I've never managed to do a single web page. I have tried on occassion, even installing Dreamweaver once, but it's just HTML. I learnt how to play pool in my first year of campus, and after I knew I could play, I didn't have the same desire to keep playing. People like to show off their pool skills, but as long as I know I can play, I don't have to. Well, another reason I don't play pool much is the fact that everyone watching tells you what you should do, or what you should have done.

So. Perhaps the other side of being really intrigued and interested in learning new things means that you also get bored quickly. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway. I've decided to spare the ladies the agony of these 2 week 'relationships'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

Its the curse of the very intelligent.
Once they understand something they get bored and are ready for the next challenge.
Thats why some teachers mistake some children in class for being unruly. Once the children understand something they become restless and want to do something else.
I am not suggesting your like that,I am just giving you an underhanded compliment

Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I'll take any kind of compliment.

Just for the record, I was never an unruly student. A bit abrasive at times but no ADD type behaviour.

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

In this case we are the same. But now excellence and me are miles apart.

Friday, February 03, 2006 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home