Saturday, November 12, 2005

accolades for nothing.

I have received praise for doing something very simple. That is quite a deviation from the norm, which is why I am noting it here.

Today, I have done absolutely nothing, except for the simple thing I have just mentioned. Wait. That is not entirely true. I have been looking for music today. I found quite a few gems and received two others through mail. It has been an extremely fulfilling day. In my new collection are artistes like Enya, Enigma and others who sing in ethnic Irish, Latin and a cocktail of other languages. When the marketers are not calling 'World' music, it is called 'Haunted' music. It has this deserted feeling. Very soothing when you are trapped in code that is not making sense. Anyone want a sampling? Nah, didn't think so.

I will be working tomorrow. Its a thing we call a 'CRF'. I don't exactly know what that spells, I just found the term in use, and was not in any mood to ask questions. But it entails making a major change in the systems. I hate that kind of stuff. Ever heard of 'Server Panic?' This is when a server has been running like forever, you alert people 'hey guys, this thing will be offline for 1 hour' [loud noises from all over]. You do your stuff. Restart. _______________ !

Damn thing refuses to wake up. Scheduled time to put the thing back online arrives. Still dead . Calls start. You can't hide. Did I ever tell you guys it is majorly ILLEGAL to switch off your phone? Ati ran out of charge?

Yeah. Tomorrow. That kind of thing. I am not happy.

Lets return to the present: I am going to Hornbill to drink the 300 /= I have. Guys, you are free to invite me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

What exactly did you get accolades for and from whom? Surely not finding 'haunted' music on the net.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

accolades for putting up a suggestion s page on the intranet. Took only 5 minutes to put together. The whole idea was summarised thus:

"very innovative thinking, []". The square braces hold my name.

Monday, November 14, 2005 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home