Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One day at a time ...

The resident Kamikaze observed that he may not have a job to go to this week, but I hope things get better for him ... and his employers. I have never been the bravest guy around and the thought of losing my job has scared me on occassion. More recently, there's been much pressure and stress at work and this prospect has been almost imminent on occassion.

Yesterday night as I left the office at 2230, I had a certain calmness. I hadn't finished the stuff I was meant to do by the deadline that had passed, but I felt strangely calm. Almost numb. I try to do my best, and even though I fail numerous times, that's the only thing I can do.

Worrying for me has been second nature, and like all habits, is difficult to stop. I've come a long way, but life continues to teach me and strengthen me.

0.5 is on leave this week. [I've been wanting to take leave for a while now, but urgent projects and unrealistic deadlines don't give you such luxuries] Waking up is becoming a difficult battle, but we shall overcome.

As Murphy would say,
Smile, tomorrow will be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home