Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sam The Nerd

I was talking to this chic I met not so long ago. Not sure what the conversation was about but she happened to mention that I looked like a nerd. I didn't think it showed that much, but it wasn't that surprising either. What was more interesting however was that she seemed apologetic about her statement. Seemed to think she'd said something unkind or offensive or something. What she didn't know, and I exercised great restraint not to let out, was the fact that the most exciting thing I've done recently is to integrate an OLAP library into a web application and use it to view a pivot table with data coming from a SQL Server Analysis Services cube. In other words, I would have a free pass to most any nerd club. Long, long ago I used to feel a bit squirmy about my shortcomings as far as social skills are concerned, but now, I just smile and move on. I am what I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

Being comfortable in one owns skin keeps one at peace with ones self

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home