Friday, July 20, 2007

How many microns

I thought the guy was joking on Sunday when he asked for a box to carry some stuff in. Insisted. Something about not wanting to get arrested because of carrying stuff in a paper bag.

As the week has progressed and I've heard/read a number of stories, including donkeys wearing nappies [is that a prank though], I've come to appreciate that fundi's seriousness. It's towns gone mad. Now I'm afraid of walking about in Nairobi. During the day that is. [I've always been afraid of walking about at night] I could get arrested for just about anything. Who knows what offences these guys have in their by-laws. Seriously. Who knows. And I thought it was a good thing if people smoke in the open air.

So is possession of a paper bag an offence, or is it the act of carrying stuff in it. Does it apply only in the CBD or can some guy grab me in the esto as I'm carrying the milk and bread home [humour me].

I'm comforted in the thought that all this, like most things in this country, will be soon forgotten. I hope so anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Pretty crazy!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 4:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats just wierd..the whole 'paper bags are illegal" issue lol so are we all meant to be walking around the city with rackies??? ish!!

enyewe i'd also like to know..and in the esto??..thats just wierd.

Monday, July 30, 2007 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I was at the post today and ended up unwrapping a magazine right there for fear of being nabbed for possession [of plastic]. And I seriously thought of getting myself a rack sack. It's either that or I don't shop in town. It's not paranoia when they're after you.

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home