Thursday, March 23, 2006

Learning new tricks. Or not.

Age is a funny thing. It creeps up on you every so subtly. All of a sudden you can only last for 2 hours on the dance floor before you need a break. You bound up a flight of stairs only to get to the top and wonder what you were thinking. Yes. True confessions.

For a while now, I've been feeling it. I honestly think I'm going through mid-life crisis. I didn't know it lasts this long though. Perhaps what I need is HRT. Looking at the world with a new set of lenses. Not chasing after every woman I see. Being content with who I am. Generally things just being upside-down. The other way round from the way they've always been.

The upside has been the wisdom that I'm gaining. [ok. There's a pal of mine who insists that wisdom is something only those ancients of the bible had] I don't know what else to call it, but there's a lot more clarity amid the confusion. A lot more pragmatism. Ageing gracefully? I don't know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milonare said...

Gone are the days when I could do my sh8t on the rave all night and be alert and about in the office first thing in the morning...

Pass me a walking stick as you collect yours LOLOLOL

Friday, March 24, 2006 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

yes quarter life crisis indeed! Good to know I am not the only one...we are not the only ones! Life just seems so topsy turvy, like you have no idea where it is you are, heading, coming from, just one big mass of confusion!!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home