Wednesday, March 01, 2006

First day post

I promised dangerously_shy a first day post, so this is to fulfil that promise. I don't have a machine yet, and am squatting on another guy's so this will be brief.

I haven't seen the women yet. I'm being thrown right into the deep end. Things like xml-rpc, production C code, "this is R&D" and "finish by next week" describe my first work conversation. The gloves came off real quick. All of a sudden, I'm feeling very inadequate. I'd given myself 6 months [now possibly 9 considering the notice period is an incredible 3 months after confirmation] here. Now I'll be glad to survive probation. Anyway. I'll give this my best shot, and proceed with as much alacrity as I can muster.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Wow time really does fly, just yesterday you were talking about handing in your resignation. All the best at you new place!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

Enjoy the 'newness' of the place. Enjoy the fact that you are now taking a different route to work. Have you looked out of the window and enjoyed the view yet? The offices look different don't they? You should enjoy that.

How about the new people? All bosses might act the same but they have different faces and voices. Enjoy that.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:02:00 AM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Hope your new place is ok. What a first day at work.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Athena said...

Dont worry about those terms, remember when you were new here and these guys would talk of ocx's ,dll's and those terms they like using to make new guys 'scared' and you used to say, I have never used this stuff but in a few weeks you were ok!
You will do fine!

Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

teardrop - Mash is no leave. Baba is my deskie [I got a comp today].

kenyangal - Are you still quitting your job?

ajamaa - Haven't checked out the view yet. Been busy trying to dry myself after the rain. Waking up at 6 isn't fun though.

shiroh - Thanks. Perhaps you could visit sometime.

athena - You're right. I haven't gotten that feeling of the place having 'wenyewe' who try to scare you. What will you be up to yourself, after next week.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home