Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Friendship

I got a call sometime last week from a now-soon-to-be-ex-workmate who's on maternity leave. Had a baby girl sometime towards the end of last year. I was a bit shocked because we didn't normally talk on the phone or anything. Still for some reason, I had egg all over my face after the conversation. I mean. She had a kid and all, and not only have I never gone to see her, I'd never said anything. So embarassing, all my previous unanswered calls to her notwithstanding.

I have realised that giving money is a lot easier than giving one's time, attention and emotions. Not that I give my friends money or anything. Just another thing I've thought of. Anyway, I should probably check up on my friends more. Even the odd 'how are you' SMS which I really don't like. A pal of mine was actually admitted in hosi for a couple of days last week and I didn't know. At least he was well enough for us to watch the Carling cup final on Sunday. I don't have very many friends or at least not too many that I hang out with regurarly. Possibly 3 or so outside the introverteds.

Anyway. This is a tribute to my friends. I appreciate you all. [Don't worry. There'll be no mushy SMSs, calls or emails coming your way]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home