Wednesday, November 30, 2005

uncovering untruths.

Ever wondered what happened to the Kiswahili TTS? After "marching" on the same spot for a long time in terms of career prospects and development, the project's star left the scene.

So, what might have happened? The project is a subject of lectures and seminars (OK, at least one) in far-flung places like Hong Kong. From which our leech doctors probably raked in hundreds of thousands. I don't think things went very well for the main developer in terms of benefits compensated for the effort.

Which is why it is so hard for me not to leave a "little greeting" in my code when I get the feeling I am being screwed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

I have had the pleasure of using the online version of the TTS. Perhaps the creator, one philosopha, can provide the URL. Seeing a guy do something basically for the love and passion of it was truly refreshing and inspiring.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home