Thursday, November 24, 2005

Abstaining in the wild

This past weekend was the longest in living memory. I happened to have subscribed for a safari to the Maasai Mara - Sato to Monday. I am not a tree hugger as such and my main motivation of signing up for this trip was to do something different on a weekend. Different it was. I pitched a tent. I saw a tent even!

We spent the whole of Sunday driving around the Mara, checking out game. Funny enough, for me, the most breathtaking thing was the scenary. Plains and grassland as far as the eye can see, with the odd acacia tree at the horizon. Truly inspiring. Awesome. The animals weren't that bad to look at. There had been a wilderbeast migration the weekend before so we got to catch the aftermath of this spectacular event. I couldn't help but wonder why they don't use the nice bridge rather than plunge into the river. Probably for the excitement.

I also got to meet a couple of interesting people. There was the resident chef, who can cook anything, even in the wilderness. Spaghetti and minced meat, mkate ya nguvu/toast mayai, anything. I Met Joe Black. There was B, a.k.a pre-mix, a.k.a pre-mixed. Ever watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman? There was Captain Zee, and another chic who said she couldn't hook up with a guy earning less than 200K. Net! At some point at Monday breakfast she exclaimed whether one of us would be able to feed her. I can remember wondering whether she was a buffalo or an elephant that she would ask such a ludicrous question.

We checked back into town Monday evening. I hooked up with 0.5 later that night for another of our escapades, this time with two lovely (l)asses. The things one of these chics [who had turned 21 a couple of weeks back] was doing to/with 0.5!

I was comatose the whole of Tuesday. Was woken up at 1900. Was totally confused and disoriented. Now I'm back to my 9-6. Back to boiro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home