Friday, November 18, 2005

What is it with management?

There's a workmate of mine who got promoted recently, to a management position. Since then, almost 2 months ago, I think she's greeted me twice. Not that we were bossom buddies before. The fact that I've also retreated into my proverbial shell has also contributed, but I can't help but feel that her demeanour and manner of speaking have changed since she acquired her new status at work. I guess it's part of trying to be 'tough' or 'firm' or something like that.

So what is it with management. All of a sudden, people stop being seen or treated like people. Reason and common sense goes out of the window [you are asked to finish a piece of work in 1 hr when all parties know that that's not possible].

I have never had a desire to be a manager. I despise management courses [I have actually done a couple. One of the hardest exams I've had to do. Amorphous]. I hope that if I am ever put in such a position [possibly when I'm a bit more advanced in years], I will not catch this bird flu that seems to come when go into management.

1 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

Insecurities....

Thats the only reason a person would have a "problem" with you (manifested by the lack of courtesy) for no apparent reason is if they have a problem with themselves and by behaving the way they do it makes them feel better about themselves...

In addition, in her clamour for power and position she has demonstrated she lacks morals i.e what matters to her is herself only and how she looks...

I accepted that there will be people like that, i just keep telling myself (but in no haughty manner) that I am still a better person than they are and I pity them.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home