Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The way of all the earth

This week started on a rather dark, gloomy and sombre way for me. I was woken up on Sunday morning with the news that one of my cousins had passed away hours earlier. We have all lost relatives and friends, but I suppose it's the fact that she was my age mate, one of the few relatives that I could actually hang out with [although I didn't do that nearly enough], that was/is hardest to take.

Consequent to this event, I have had, once again, to look at my mortality straight in the face. Something I avoid like the plague. To say that life is short is a horrible understatement. I heard once a guy say something like 'Life is crap ... and then you die'. The wisest man to walk this earth proclaimed that life is useless. Yaani crap. For a 25 year old, to die after being ill for 2 days, and just hours after being admitted to hospital is pretty crappy. How am I any different from her, or some guy who was in some car crash. I'm not.

Yesterday, I was forced to reckon that there are very few things that are important in this life. Anything that dies with you is definitely not worth worrying about. We must strive to affect this world and the people in it in positive ways. That and have a relationship with God, doing all the stuff that he asks of us. Everything else is crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home