Saturday, October 01, 2005

Me and my big mouth

It occurred to me yesterday that I often try to be witty, funny and generally clever [when I'm not] and often end up saying outrageous things, lies, outright lies and so on. Basically, it rarely comes off.

I had to go and do it again, and ask if anyone has lost their job. Self-fulfilling prophesies I heard they are called.

Anyway, there's a teacher we had in primo who used to say "Keep Shut Up!". Probably for emphasis. Today, I think I'll take up his advice, and talk less. Much less. So what if I'll be labelled boring, snob, introvert. It'll be a bit of a challenge, keeping mum when your mind is screaming "say something!". I think it'll be for my own good though.

I'll pour a little liquour for kamikaze tonight [Seeing as I can't drink some]. Things will get better. Keep your head up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home