Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Truth

I have had quite an interesting time of late, as evidenced by the nature of my posts. I have been doing all sorts of outrageous and insane things. [If you know that you are insane, then, are you really]

Anyway, you may think that I've morphed into some smooth operator, or that I have nerves of steel [and matching guts], but you'd be mistaken. I've taken the credit for too long and this post is aimed at setting this right.

The main reason for all the crazy stunts [and guts of a madman] can be summed up in 2 words. Paroxetine hydrochloride. Guys in the office frequently remark how I behave as if I'm high and I've always wanted to tell them that I am indeed. If I told them I take 'happy pills', they'd probably treat me weird.

I've had some problems with anxiety and panic [I'll probably blog on these matters at some point in the future] and for a while now I've been taking medication just to be able to function. I can remember a time when I couldn't even go to work, till my shrink came to my rescue. [Yes, any time I mention my shrink on this blog, I'm likely referring to the real thing] One of the dawas that I'm currently on to help alleviate/control/overcome my anxiety problems messes up with the brain and the effects are clear for everyone to see. Lots of energy, loss of inhibitions, an unnaturally extreme desire, to mention a few.

Basically, it's like you're drunk lakini with most of your functions/senses intact. That's how I can ask the chic I was visiting on Sunday evening if I could spend the night at her place. I would normally not do such a thing. I'm not sure which is the 'real' me.

Anyway. Now you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home