Friday, September 02, 2005

changing gears

'Bad' guys are not usually born, they are made. It seems someone has handled the rough end of the knife. But as good guys disappear, more good guys feed into the cycle.
In the recent past, we have seen a tremendous increase in 'Bad' girls. I don't know if the same rules apply to them.

My next project, gentlemen, is to get a car. A wholly irrational idea. A wholly rational idea. The means of getting the car are irrelevant at this point, which actually means I can ill afford to buy a car.
Irrational, because some voice tells me that a prudent person ought to start looking out for his future now, and the idea of some car does not help very much towards that end.

Rational, because I need a life. I need to have absolute fun. I need to have that fun NOW. I have this great fear of looking back at my life and conclude that it was a sad life (in the same breath, I like to think that I will have a future, so that I can reflect on the past...sounds fucked up. It is).
When I say I need a life, I mean that I want women. Not a woman, no, women. And I don't want to work hard to get them (was never good in poetry anyway...).

And the quickest, most proven way to get them is to first get yourself a car. I see it everyday. Look around. My workplace is teeming with young beautiful chics. There are some stable married men who are having a field day. A vulture's feast. There is zero chance for poor 0.5. The 'transfer market' has been totally polluted. All these guys have to recommend them is some alloy rimmed import from Japan or Dubai. You should see them, hanging around the office long after 5.00 PM just to catch a 'ride' with some guy. They say if you place a fox in a chicken house, the fox cannot help having chicken for dinner everytime.

If I have a car, na miaka yangu hii, I will the baddest man in Nairobi.

A car it is. I need a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home