Thursday, August 25, 2005

cancer sticks

Smoking is a very difficult habit to kick. Mountains of resolve are briskly washed away by the aromatic smell of a cigarette wafting to your nostrils. The cigarette could be in the hands of one Eric, or Td,.......

Realizing that your will power is as strong as the driest of straw, you whip yourself for allowing yourself that one cigarette while having a bottle of Tusker. Having smoked one, you say what the fuck? Damage done, hand me another! Back to rock bottom. You shake your head, thoroughly bewildered, and promising yourself to resist the urge to death next time.

But its all good. My attempts to quit "binge" smoking are bearing fruit. Not so much because of self discipline, but because of certain death should the habit continue. Sometime back I had written to say I had been sick. The first thing the doctor had asked me when I entered the clinic was whether I smoked. I said no (can't have that appearing on my record). Anyway, I was diagnosed with a condition called Brucellosis of a certain variation (name unpronouncable). I had smoked something like 20 cigarettes the previous Saturday.

Didn't need no genius to add the math up. The damn things had to go. I still falter occasionally, but well, I think I will kick it out entirely.

For now I don't have to worry about letting go of habits of the "someone" kind. Which is sad and speaks volumes about my life (in a negative light I might add).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home