Sunday, July 10, 2005

And Suddenly Its Monday ....

It is Sunday 5.00 PM. I am in the office, my new week has already begun. Just as well, Sunday has never been an interesting day. Half the time I am sulking that it is Monday tomorrow, and that yesterday (Saturday) was way too short.
I am in the thick of a hot political battle. The old manager-footsoldier skirmishes. I have a deadline that refuses to move, and that thing of hiding below the desk does not work. You see some people walk into a room and you stop breathing, close your eyes in the belief that if you are not seeing them, they are not seeing you.
Never works.
If they ask: "Are we ready?" You better say we are, regardless of whether you have just written the 5th line of code. Notice the use of "we". You would think a #$@# helped you write code. Pray a guy does not ask, "Can I see where we are?" because if he does, the best you can do is faint.
How about starting your morning like: "Hi, you will be presenting the system at 8.30 AM to me and a couple of managers in the meeting room". You are receiving this news at 8.15 AM, and there is almost no system to present.
And the way they ask "Can you remove this and that, plus you could add abcd blah, blah ...". In a most cavalier fashion, without a care in the world. Its like its as simple as standing in the toilet and passing urine.
Aaaaarrrggggghhhhhhh ...............Very annoying. Very very annoying.
But I am grateful. I have a job, other people wish they had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home