Wednesday, January 06, 2010

aJamaa goes a walking - Day 3











We met our guides after breakfirst. There were 3 of them. The lead guide was 50 plus and he claimed to have been up the mountain 123 times before. That was pretty comforting. We were taken through the do's and the dont's of the mountain. The most interesting was that couples were instructed not to have sex and as a deterrent there would be no two man tents. We were also advised not to carry rucksacks that were more than 30% of one's body weight, mine was only 14Kgs. At the time that seemed ok but after dragging that damn thing on my back for 3 days, I was regretting not getting a porter to help me with it.

We sneaked into Tz at around 10 am and got into the park. The walk through the rain forest was amazing the trees were very relaxing and I got my first taste of fresh mountain river water. At the end of the day we set up camp at the edge of the forest. I was informed I would be sharing a tent with couple still in the honey moon period of their marriege - got married in August. That was a bit disconcerting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home